TawnyaLucas8506

Military intelligence run amuck

66th Trans Co dispatch office, Germany 1964: We drivers were gathered in the dispatch office for our pre trip threat, warning, and destination info when a sergeant from JAG walked in with a message. The message was that we were to keep a sharp look-out for Russian diplomatic license plates and to report date, time and direction. One day I saw such a plate about 20 miles south of Frankfurt. I turned in the Info and was told .dispatch had no clue what I was talking about. A lot of people wasted a lot of time looking for license plates.
    Last edited by Bill Powell; 07-08-2014 at 16:14. Reason: bad typer, bad, bad

DiGriz
    "Military intelligence" sounds about as likely as an "honest politician".

TawnyaLucas8506
    Did you ever convoy? What you do is you five or fifty trucks, two to six jeep loads of MP's, and a covey of chase vehicles. You would go single file, you would blow all the red lights, all the cross roads would be blocked, well you know, like a fire truck that people were forced to pay attention to. You would look like a loud oil burning snake. After all this disruption of the local rush hour you would remember that your primary orders were to blend, be inconspicuous.

TawnyaLucas8506

Road to berlin

It was decided by the powers that be in the 37th TRANSCOM that any unit with a hundred thousand accident free miles in a month would be rewarded by getting to make the monthly Berlin run. We of the 66th were kind of looking forward to it til we talked to the unit next door who'd been given that honor. When we heard about the crap the guys were forced to take from the East German military at the checkpoints on that 113 mile trip we went straight back to our motor pool and a guy backed his truck into mine and we reported it.

No Berlin trip that month, how sad.